Monday, October 31, 2016

Reading Notes: Secret's of Vishnu Part C

This week I am continuing to read the Secrets of Vishnu by Devdutt Pattanaik.

I really liked this week's first video on Lakshmi. It goes into depths about what all she is in control of, wealth and prosperity, as well as some different aspects about her. I think it would be very interesting to put together these concepts with my characters Jonathon and Mr. Piddles.  There are also lots of other characters introduced in this video, so many that I actually lost count. That would be the one negative thing for me about these videos. They introduce a lot of concepts and characters without thoroughly explaining some of them, as well as speeding through a lot of names that I have never heard of before. Some of which are names for types of demons and other versions of Lakshmi.
I may try and watch the second video for tomorrow, but I may try and explore other options provided to expand the topics I can write about. I am glad to have the opportunity to be able to explore the other options in Indian culture as well as learning about new famous characters from another culture.

goddess of wealth and beauty
Lakshmi

No comments:

Post a Comment