Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Reading Notes: Mahabharata Videos



This week I watched the Mahabharata videos created by Epified TV.
I really like this set up a lot! It was really helpful in truly understanding the story because you can see all the characters and what is going on. I would highly recommend this format for other stories if it is available. I will probably take advantage of it if they are available for future weeks’ reading assignments.
I also enjoyed being able to catch up on a few parts of the story that was a little more confusing, particularly some of the fight scenes. I think that the drawings made it clear who was fighting whom and where.
I wonder if there is a way to create an animated video for the story? I have little experience with this but it could be an interesting concept for others to try! I would certainly enjoy watching them no matter how poorly done.
I will probably be doing something with Bhishma. I like his stories and they seem to be pretty applicable to another form of storytelling. I have enjoyed reading all of these stories because they have introduced bits and pieces of Indian culture. Having had little experience with Indian culture it has been fun reading (and now watching!) the stories from classic tales. I am excited to continually meet new characters and new perspectives of their stories.
I hope to include Jonathon and Mr. Piddles in this story somehow, not quite sure yet though. For those who haven’t heard Mr. Piddles’ name is based off of my neighbors cat’s name! I think it is adorable and so I have chosen to include it in my stories. I am not sure what new characters will be introduced this week but I am excited to start working on it!

Image result for bhishma mahabharat
Bhishma

No comments:

Post a Comment