Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Storybook Favorites

Looking through all of the Storybooks there are lots of great ideas! Having already taken this course it is cool to see how people can take this assignment in so many creative directions. Three storybooks that I found particularly interesting were: Saili's Beauty Parlor, The Ganges River, and Vishnu and Lakshmi. Since I am in the Epics of India course I decided to focus on Storybooks from previous students in the course. I really liked each of these for multiple reasons.

Saili's Beauty Parlor

  • I enjoyed this one right off the bat because of its images and web design. It is decorated like a beauty salon website would be and offers the same aesthetics. I also enjoyed the introduction because she discusses several traditions within the Indian beauty world! The pictures on each story were very effective for focusing the reader on the stories as well. It was also very well written throughout.
The Ganges River
  • This Storybook had lots of gorgeous pictures of the river itself, which definitely entices the readers to stay! The story within all of this was very intriguing as well and is what drew me in to the actual project. The author did a good job of keeping the readers interested as well as conveying the myths/stories they were pulling from, which I know can be quite challenging.
Vishnu and Lakshmi
  • I enjoyed this Storybook because it introduced a lot of characters that I did not previously know about. They did a pretty good job with the web design as well. The stories were well written and make me want to learn more about Indian culture and Hindu concepts. I will definitely be on the look out for stories about these two in the future!

Vishnu and Lakshmi
websource: sathya sai baba

No comments:

Post a Comment