Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Reading Notes: Jataka Tales (Cont.)

This week I am still reading the Jataka Tales written by Ellen Babbitt. I have been very busy, so I have only read a few of the stories for the second reading assignment.

The two specifically that I enjoyed were:

The Banyan Deer story was a great story to show why things should not be taken for granted and what a true leader looks like. The other version of the Jataka Tales also had this story and I remember enjoying it then as well.

The Princes and the Water-Sprite was another story that I really enjoyed. This story shows how well that family bonds affect life. I also thought that is shows how kindness is an important guiding moral for life.


Image result for the princes and the water-sprite
The Sun Prince and The Water Sprite


No comments:

Post a Comment